To provide an enjoyable visit for you and your family and to keep our guests, team members, and animals safe, we ask you to observe the following:
- ALL guests (including members) must have their hand stamped if they wish to re-enter on the same day. Hand stamps can be acquired in the gift shop at the front entrance.
- Shirts, shorts/pants, and shoes must be worn at all times. Clothing that exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment is not permitted. Clothing must not include any vulgar, obscene, or profane messages.
- Only ADA-recognized service dogs are allowed on zoo property.
- Outside food or drink is allowed, but no glass containers of any kind. Deposit all trash into appropriate trash receptacles.
- Students and children must be supervised by an adult at all times in the zoo, gift shop, and on rides.
- Plastic is extremely dangerous to our animals. No plastic bags, cups, lids, or balloons are allowed on zoo property. Do not transfer zoo treats to plastic bags.
- For the safety of all guests no bikes, tricycles, skateboards, scooters, roller blades, hoover boards of any kind are permitted. No two-way radios or whistles.
- All tobacco products (including vaping devices) are not permitted inside the zoo grounds.
- Refrain from tapping on habitats or glass viewing windows, and do not throw any object into an exhibit. Respect our animals’ homes.
- Federal law requires guests to feed animals only food provided by the zoo. Help keep our animals safe. Wash hands or use hand sanitizer after feeding animals and before eating.
- Do not sit, climb, or lean on fences. Stay on designated pathways at all times.
- Do not pick flowers or remove animal feathers from the zoo (they are zoo property).
- Selfie sticks, alcohol, and weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Metro Richmond Zoo is not responsible for personal items lost or stolen. Lost and found items are kept for two weeks only.
- The zoo does not offer rain checks or refunds. All sales are final.
- The commercial use of photography, video, and film that may have been taken during your visit is prohibited without written consent from Metro Richmond Zoo.
- Visitors to the park may be photographed or videotaped during their visit and their likeness used by the Metro Richmond Zoo without compensation.
- Be considerate of all guests, groups, team members, and animals.
The Metro Richmond Zoo reserves the right to deny admission to any person who does not comply with Guest Policies or escort them out of the park without a refund.