To provide an enjoyable visit for you and your family and to keep our guests, team members, and animals safe, we ask that you observe the following:
- ALL guests (including members) must have their hand stamped if they wish to re-enter on the same day. Hand stamps can be acquired in the gift shop located at the front of the zoo.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Clothing must be appropriate for a family environment and not include any vulgar or profane messages.
- Only ADA recognized service dogs are allowed on zoo property.
- Outside food or drink is allowed, but please no glass containers of any kind. Please deposit all trash into appropriate trash receptacles.
- Plastic is extremely dangerous to our animals. No plastic bags, cups, lids, or balloons are allowed on zoo property.
- For the safety of all guests no bikes, tricycles, skate boards, scooters, roller blades, hoover boards of any kind are permitted.
- All tobacco products (including vaping devices) are not permitted inside the zoo grounds.
- Refrain from tapping on cages or glass, and please do not throw any object into an exhibit. Please respect our animals’ homes.
- Federal law requires guests to feed animals only food provided by the zoo. Please help keep our animals safe.
- Do not sit, climb, or lean on fences. Stay on designated path ways at all times.
- Selfie sticks, alcohol, and weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Metro Richmond Zoo is not responsible for personal items lost or stolen. Lost and found items are kept for two weeks only.
- The zoo does not offer rain checks or refunds. All sales are final.
- The commercial use of photography, video, and film that may have been taken during your visit is prohibited without written consent from Metro Richmond Zoo.
- Visitors to the park may be photographed or videotaped during their visit and their likeness used by the Metro Richmond Zoo without compensation.
The Metro Richmond Zoo reserves the right to deny admission to any person who does not comply with Guest Policies or escort them out of the park without a refund.