Executive Order 67 Sixth Amended allows all zoological parks to remain open during phase three of the reopening process if they can implement specific restrictions as outlined by the Governor.
The Metro Richmond Zoo is open!
Operating Procedure Adjustments
We have implemented the following adjustments to comply with Executive Order 67 and to ensure guest, staff, and animal safety:
- The Zoo operates at 50% capacity.
- Capacity is controlled by our admissions software to limit the number of guests entering the park.
- All tickets should be purchased online to reserve your entry time.
- 6 feet markers have been placed in queuing areas and potential gathering points to encourage social distancing.
- Flow of traffic entering the park is different. Members and guests redeeming daily tickets have separate lines to reduce large crowds. Follow the directions when arriving at the park. All guests exit the park at a different location than the entrance area.
- The following pathways have been temporarily adjusted to one-way traffic: budgie aviary and reptile area. The bat exhibit is limited to one group of visitors at a time. Only guests who have purchased a budgie stick may enter the budgie aviary to reduce traffic.
- An outdoor gift shop is available to reduce large crowds in the indoor store.
- The membership center is limited to 3 families at a time. The inside gift shop is limited to 15 people at a time.
- As per the Governor’s mandate, masks are required in indoor locations at all times. Masks are required outdoors if a distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- The following attractions are closed: the playground and all scheduled public keeper talks.
- All rides are operating with adjustments. Railings and touch points on all rides are wiped down between uses. Train: Sneeze guards have been added in between rows of seats. Drop Tower: Guests are seated one chair apart from non-family members. Carousel: Only the outside animals are available to ride.
- All picnic tables have been adjusted to allow six feet apart when sitting to eat.
- All restrooms are disinfected more frequently (minimum: once an hour). Staff routinely clean high touch surfaces (ex: doors, door knobs, counter tops, vending machines, stroller rentals, token machines.)
- Employees working with guests wear face masks.
Adjusted Check-in Procedure for Walk-in Zoo
To limit contact between staff and guests, we ask everyone to follow this procedure:
- Daily Admission Check-in
- Purchase your tickets online here.
- Select the 15 minute window you wish to enter the zoo.
- Arrive at your scheduled time window and proceed to the daily admission check-in line.
- Present your cellphone (or printed tickets) with the order confirmation number to a staff member who will scan the bar code.
- Pick up purchased ride tickets, zoo treat cups, and/or budgie sticks.
- Military guests do NOT need to reserve a time online. We have built-in capacity at each time slot for military guests. Discount can only be applied at the Zoo and not online.
- Member Check-in.
- Proceed to the member check-in line.
- Hold your membership card to be scanned.
- Members do NOT need to reserve a time online. We have built-in capacity at each time slot for member visits.
What’s Closed and What’s Open During the Walk-in Zoo?
|All Keeper Talks||Giraffe and Budgie Feeding|
|Treetop Zoofari Course|
and Junior Explorer Course
All memberships were active for use again on June 15, 2020, the day the Zoo reopened. As previously announced, we are extending all memberships that were purchased between March 1, 2019 and June 14, 2020. We value our members and your support. Each member will still receive one full years’ access to walk around the Zoo. Reference the chart below for your new membership expiration date.
The Zoo closed on March 25, 2020 and reopened on June 15, 2020. Excluding Sundays, this was a total of 70 days closed as a walk-in zoo. Each membership will be extended for the time lost (due to the Governor’s mandated COVID-19 closure) between March 25 and its original expiration date.
Your new expiration date will be adjusted in our computer system. We will not print new membership cards with the adjusted expiration date.
We thank you for your continued support during these unusual times. We look forward to seeing you soon.