|REPORTS TO:||Maintenance Manager|
|PAY RATE:||Starting at $12.00 – $15.00|
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Accredited by the Zoological Association of America the Metro Richmond Zoo is known for providing exciting opportunities for guests to interact with the animals. The zoo is working to save endangered species in Virginia and around the world. By inspiring visitors and others to learn, care and act, the Metro Richmond Zoo is making a difference in our planet’s future.
Responsible for maintaining the physical appearance of buildings and structures in the best light possible. Provides technical skills and knowledge to be able to paint new jobs and prepare old surfaces for a new paint job. Provide occasional leadership as situations arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
85% of time will be spent:
- Sanding, scraping and prepping old surfaces for new paint
- Provide mitigation techniques to ensure paint last as long as possible
- New Projects
- Plan, coordinate, and carryout new paintjobs.
- Coordinate work of occasional support staff
- Attending required meetings and trainings
- Light building maintenance required: changing light bulbs, door handles, ballasts, ect.
15% of time will be spent:
- Assisting in new construction projects around the zoo
- Assisting with Zoo Crew Staff Members
- Other Zoo needs
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to:
- Be able to work outdoors in all-weather from 0° to 100+° Fahrenheit
- Be able to work at heights and use ladders safely
- Be able to operate a man lift safely
- Be able to communicate to his/her supervisor and any temporary subordinates
- Be able to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and be creative and motivated
- Have a great attention to detail to ensure safety and overall positive guest experience
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Candidates must be 18 years old.
- 2 years commercial painting experience.
- Have the physical capability and stamina to perform duties for 8 hours a day
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Full range of motion in back and all extremities
- Be able to walk and stand and bend over for long periods of time.
- Maintain complete safety while working at heights
- Full time employment 40 hrs/ week
(Zoo does not offer overtime hours)
- Monday – Friday work week
- Health Care and retirement benefits available
Alcohol and Drug Testing:
Employees may not arrive on duty under the influence of alcohol or drugs (prescription or otherwise). Because this
position is a safety-sensitive position, employees may be subject to random alcohol and drug testing.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee. He or she
will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.